Organization: Disabled Peoples Organisations – Denmark
Closing date: 07 Feb 2014
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NATIONAL UNION OF WOMEN WITH DISABILITIES OF UGANDA (NUWODU)
NUWODU is the National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda which was formed in November 1999 to advocate for the rights and equalisation of opportunities for Women and Girls with disabilities in Uganda.
NUWODU’s vision is to have a society where girls and women with disabilities live dignified lives.
The mission is to promote social, cultural, economic and political advancement of girls and women with disabilities through advocacy for their effective participation in development.
NUWODU has a stable relationship with her partners and still has a conducive environment to enable her achieve her mission and objectives.
NUWODU is seeking to recruit dynamic, energetic and result-oriented professional lady aged between 30yrs – 50yrs to take up the following position in the organization:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Duty station: Kampala.
Reports to: Chairperson of the Board of Directors
1. The Executive Secretary (ES) is the head of the secretariat who oversees the daily running of the organization.
The Executive Secretary provides strategic leadership on policy matters and development, resource mobilization, partnership development and advocates for mainstreaming on key disability and Gender issues at national and international levels.
The Executive Secretary is the chief Accounting officer of the organization and ensures financial procedures and systems are adhered to.
– Strong leadership and management skills
– High level of integrity and transparency
– Strong communication, networking and negotiation skills
– Analytical and conceptual skills for organization management and growth
– Team player
– Resource mobilization skills
– Results oriented individual
– Knowledge in Financial management
– Interpersonal skills
– Creativity and innovation
– Proficiency in computer- different packages
– Clear understanding of issues of girls and women with disabilities
– Degree in development or related Social Sciences,
– Post-graduate in Management or Development qualification
– Master’s Degree in same field will be added advantage
– Six years’ experience in NGO or similar sector supporting vulnerable groups advocacy with at least three years at Senior management level
Or by hand to: DPOD Uganda country office
Plot 56, Kanjokya Street
Women with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications to the address below not later than 07th February 2014, 5.00 pm:
The applications together with Academic documents, CVs and three referees day time contacts should be addressed to:
Chairperson Personnel Committee, National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda (NUWODU)
P.O Box 16404 Wandegeya